|Type: Thrown explosive|
|Damage (Splash): 800-240|
|Damage vs. Generator: ?|
|Damage vs. Base structure: 1920|
|Damage vs. Gravcycle: 1920|
|Damage vs. Beowulf: 1920|
|Damage vs. Shrike: ?|
|Carry capacity: 4|
|Attack interval: 0.87|
|Gold cost: 160|
|XP cost: 9,000|
“Sticky grenades deal a massive amount of damage to armored targets such as base turrets, generators, and vehicles. This version has been modified for a wider damage spread”— In-game description
The Sticky Grenade XL is an unlockable belt item for the Infiltrator. Powerful and devastating, they stick to the first object they touch and detonate after a few seconds. This includes players, walls, and base assets. This variant deals less damage but has a larger explosion radius than an ordinary Sticky Grenade.
- Upgrade 1: +1 ammo.
- Upgrade 2: +10% radius.
- Upgrade 3: +20% damage vs armored targets.
- Upgrade 4: +1 ammo.
- The Sticky Grenades XL is better suited to killing players and area denial rather than destroying base defenses. Sticking them to a player will damage not only that player, but any enemies standing remotely close to him.
- If enemies are giving chase, throwing a Sticky Grenade on the inside of a doorway as the infiltrator walks through can catch the enemies by surprise, killing or greatly weakening them. With the XL variant, the chasers have even less of a chance of dodging the grenade.
- Combining these grenades with the Safety Third perk causes the Sticky Grenade XL to have a ridiculous explosion radius, making them nearly impossible to dodge.
- Unlike the other two sticky grenades in the game, the stickly grenade XL seems to stick to objects and players sideways. In addition, the XL variant seems to be much smaller and have a lower quality texture when view in-game. Screenshots comparing the two can be found below.