|Type: Hitscan bullet|
|Damage: 480 · (60 damage * 8 pellets)|
|Damage vs. Generator: 384 (48 * 8)|
|Damage vs. Base structure: 0|
|Damage vs. Gravcycle: 0|
|Damage vs. Beowulf: 0|
|Damage vs. Shrike: 312 (39-14 * 8)|
|Magazine size: 6|
|Carried ammo: 56|
|Reload type: Clip|
|Attack interval: 0.486|
|Reload time: 1.28|
|Gold cost: 120|
|XP cost: 7,000|
“Popular among smaller tribes with fewer resources, the hammer was modified to be more ammo efficient. Ironically, the phrase "dropping the hammer" refers to warriors who are cowardly in combat.”— In-game description
The Hammer is an unlockable secondary weapon for the Brute class. This close-quarters weapon can deal massive damage at point-blank, but suffers significant damage falloff as range increases. Compared to the Automatic Shotgun, the Hammer deals more damage, but has a smaller clip size.
Like the Automatic Shotgun, the Hammer also features hold to fire functionality, meaning that holding down the fire button will continuously fire the weapon at maximum fire rate.
- Upgrade 1: +10 ammo (46 total)
- Upgrade 2: +1 clip size (6 total)
- Upgrade 3: +10 ammo (56 total)
- Upgrade 4: -25% reload time
- As a hitscan weapon, there is no delay from the time of the weapon firing to the impact of the round, so leading the target is not necessary.
- Since it deals more damage than the original Automatic Shotgun, The Hammer is better suited to finishing off enemies who have been damaged by the Brute's primary weapon.