|Type: Explosive Projectile|
|Damage (Splash): 304-660|
|Damage vs. Generator: ?|
|Damage vs. Base structure: 792|
|Damage vs. Gravcycle: 792|
|Damage vs. Beowulf: 792|
|Damage vs. Shrike: ?|
|Magazine size: 1|
|Carried ammo: 28|
|Reload type: Single|
|Attack interval: 1.8|
|Gold cost: 240|
|XP cost: 21,000|
A variant on the original Spinfusor, the Spare Spinfusor is an unlockable secondary weapon for the Soldier class, able to be used alongside its primary twin. It fires a straight-flying disc projectile that explodes on contact with any surface or after six seconds.
A direct mid-air kill with this weapon will award the "Blue Plate Special" accolade.
Upgrades are included in the weapon infobox.
- Upgrade 1: +5 ammo (24 total)
- Upgrade 2: +20% damage vs armored targets
- Upgrade 3: +5 ammo (29 total)
- If combined with the Spinfusor primary, the Soldier has no power at extremely long or close ranges. This should be considered when deciding how to pair this weapon with a primary.
- Though it deals less damage than either thumper available to the soldier, the spare spinfusor's advantage comes from the longer range and immunity to gravity.
- If one prefers to have the explosive style of a spinfusor over a thumper and a projectile bullet over hitscan, then pairing the Spare Spinfusor with an assault rifle is the way to go.
- The spare spinfusor, despite having an appearance similar to a regular spinfusor, deals the least damage of any spinfusor in Tribes: Ascend.