|Damage: 640 · (80 damage * 8 pellets)|
|Damage vs. Generator: 512|
|Damage vs. Base structure: 0|
|Damage vs. Gravcycle: 0|
|Damage vs. Beowulf: 0|
|Damage vs. Shrike: 416|
|Magazine size: 2|
|Carried ammo: 82|
|Attack interval: 0.46|
|Reload time: 1.24|
|Gold cost: 240|
|XP cost: 21,000|
“The sawed-off shotgun deals incredible damage at close range."'”— In-game description
The Sawed-Off Shotgun is an unlockable secondary weapon for the Technician Class, replacing the Improved Repair Tool. This close-quarters hitscan weapon deals a devastating amount damage when used point-blank, but suffers significant falloff as range increases.
The Sawed-Off Shotgun shares the stopping power of the Pathfinder's Shotgun at 80 damage per pellet.
- Upgrade 1: +10 ammo (72 total)
- Upgrade 2: -20% reload times
- Upgrade 3: +10 ammo (82 total)
- See Also: Tactics
- As a hitscan weapon, there is no delay from the time of the weapon firing to the impact of the round, so leading the target is not necessary.
- When paired with the TCN4 SMG, the Technician can be a capable flag defense class. By firing the Sawed-Off Shotgun at an incoming capper, then following up with the TCN4 SMG, the Technician can deal a substantial amount of damage, usually enough to allow the rest of the team's defense to easily eliminate the capper. The Technician can also assume the role of midfield light defense with this setup, eliminating heavy offense players with relative ease.
- The Sawed-Off Shotgun can be particularly effective when used with the Thumper or TC24, as these are both explosive weapons which cannot be used at close range without self-risk. At this range, the Shotgun is most effective, and makes for an excellent finishing tool against enemies hoping to avoid your explosive weaponry by running towards you.
 See also