|Type: Projectile bullet|
|Damage: 250 (833 DPS) · (no damage falloff)|
|Damage vs. Generator: 200|
|Damage vs. Base structure: 0|
|Damage vs. Gravcycle: 0|
|Damage vs. Beowulf: 0|
|Damage vs. Shrike: 0|
|Magazine size: 20|
|Carried ammo: 128|
|Reload type: Cylinder|
|Attack interval: 0.30 (3.3 Rounds Per Second)|
|Reload time: 1.35s|
|Gold cost: 160|
|XP cost: 9,000|
“A variant of the Nova Blaster that has a better fire rate and a larger clip, but deals less damage per shot.”— In-game description
The Nova Blaster MX is an unlockable semi-automatic secondary weapon pistol for the Sentinel that fires a fast moving beam of energy that will ricochet twice off of most surfaces. It has a much faster fire rate and a larger clip than the original Nova Blaster, but does less damage per shot.
- Upgrade 1: +32 ammo.
- Upgrade 2: +4 Cylinder size.
- Upgrade 3: -30% reload times.
- When airborne and dealing with opponents who are on flat ground, aiming lower than the target can slightly increase the chances of a successful hit. A diagram showing why can be found here.
- This method is more effective the lower the angle to the target as the tactic relies on increasing the radius to hit by using the ricochet.
- It is possible to hit enemies around corners using the Nova Blaster MX's bouncing shots. This tactic can be used to quickly finish off enemies who attempt to go into a building in order to force the Sentinel to go into close range where he is at a disadvantage.
- Players may find the Nova Blaster MX to be easier aim than the original Nova Blaster since they have more shots to allow them to gauge the enemy movement speed and lead the target.