|Type: Projectile bullet|
|Damage: 350 (875 DPS) · (no damage falloff)|
|Damage vs. Generator: 280|
|Damage vs. Base structure: 0|
|Damage vs. Gravcycle: 0|
|Damage vs. Beowulf: 0|
|Damage vs. Shrike: 0|
|Magazine size: 16|
|Carried ammo: 112|
|Reload type: Cylinder|
|Attack interval: 0.40 (2.5 Rounds Per Second)|
|Reload time: 1.35s|
|Gold cost: Free with class unlock|
|XP cost: Free with class unlock|
“The Nova Blaster fires a fast-moving bolt of energy that will ricochet off of most surfaces.”— In-game description
The Nova Blaster is the initial secondary weapon for the Sentinel. It is a semi-automatic pistol that fires a fast moving beam of energy that will ricochet twice off of most surfaces. It has high damage, low fire rate, and high clip size in comparison to other secondary pistol weapons.
- Upgrade 1: +24 ammo.
- Upgrade 2: +4 Cylinder size.
- Upgrade 3: -30% reload times.
- When airborne and dealing with opponents who are on flat ground, aiming lower than the target can slightly increase the chances of a successful hit. A diagram showing why can be found here. This method is more effective the lower the angle to the target as the tactic relies on increasing the radius to hit by using the ricochet.
- It is possible to hit enemies around corners using the Nova Blaster's bouncing shots. This tactic can be used to quickly finish off enemies or who attempt to go into a building in order to force the Sentinel to go into close range where he is at a disadvantage.
- The Nova Blaster does a very high amount of damage in relation to its clip size and fire rate. If the player is able to successfully lead the target and land multiple successive shots, even heavy classes can be taken down in moments.
- The Nova Blaster had 20% Inheritance Source but as of Oct. 3rd 2012 this was changed to 0% inheritance as it was said to be a bug.