|Damage: 680 · (85 damage * 8 pellets)|
|Damage vs. Generator: ?|
|Damage vs. Base structure: 0|
|Damage vs. Gravcycle: 0|
|Damage vs. Beowulf: 0|
|Damage vs. Shrike: ?|
|Magazine size: 4 (5 with upgrades)|
|Carried ammo: 30 (46 with upgrades)|
|Reload type: Single|
|Attack interval: 0.96s|
|Reload time: 3.26s|
|Gold cost: 120|
|XP cost: 7,000|
“This weapon didn't gain popularity until it won the duel between Blood Eagle Nira Magnus and the Usurper. Magnus won by clubbing the Usurper in the face after she ran out of ammo.”— In-game description
The Holdout Shotgun is an unlockable secondary weapon for the Pathfinder class. This close-quarters hitscan weapon deals a devastating amount damage when used point-blank, but suffers significant falloff as range increases. It does more damage than the original Shotgun, but has a smaller clip size and causes the player to hold less ammunition in their reserve.
- Upgrade 1: +8 ammo (38 total)
- Upgrade 2: +1 clip size (5 total)
- Upgrade 3: +8 ammo (46 total)
- As a hitscan weapon, there is no delay from the time of the weapon firing to the impact of the round, so leading the target is not necessary.
- As with the standard Shotgun, a pathfinder should use their superior mobility to hop and jump around in close range while shooting. Since the pathfinder is very fragile, the increased damage over the original shotgun can enable him to take down enemies before they have a chance to retaliate.
- Since it does more damage than the shotgun, the Holdout Shotgun is a good weapon to finish off weakened enemies, such as those who have taken a hit from the Light Spinfusor.
- Two point-blank shots from the Holdout Shotgun will deal a whopping 1440 damage, killing all light and medium armor classes, and severely wounding heavy classes. This can be made easier to accomplish by sneaking up on the enemy rather than attempting a direct attack.