|Type: Projectile (Bullet)|
|Damage: 85-63 (809-600 DPS)|
|Damage vs. Generator: 68|
|Damage vs. Base structure: 0|
|Damage vs. Gravcycle: 0|
|Damage vs. Beowulf: 0|
|Damage vs. Shrike: 55|
|Magazine size: 20 (24 with upgrades)|
|Carried ammo: 140 (224 with upgrades)|
|Reload type: Magazine|
|Attack interval: 0.105|
|Reload time: 1.2|
|Gold cost: 120|
|XP cost: 7,000|
“The custom rifle made famous by Marshall Gast, this weapon uses a larger caliber round but has a smaller clip size”— In-game description
The Gast's Rifle is an unlockable primary weapon for the Soldier class. It is a fully automatic projectile weapon with minor damage falloff at range. Compared to the Assault Rifle, it does more damage per bullet but has a smaller clip size. Like the many other automatic bullet weapons in the game, this weapon's bullets have travel time, and therefore the user must lead any moving targets in order to land successful hits.
- Upgrade 1: +40 ammo (184 total)
- Upgrade 2: +4 Magazine size (24 total)
- Upgrade 3: +40 ammo (224 total)
- Upgrade 4: -15% reload time
- The Gast's Rifle, while having a higher damage per second than the original Assault Rifle, has four less rounds in each clip. This means that accuracy is important, as missing too many bullets will leave the Soldier vulnerable more often than the Assault rifle while he reloads.
- Much like the original Assault Rifle, when paired with the Thumper DX, the Gast's Rifle makes an excellent midfield harassment/defense weapon. A sufficiently skilled Soldier can effectively shut down lone Heavy Offense players and can even hold his own against Light Offense.
- Gast's Rifle can be useful when chasing, as opportunities to shoot the enemy capper can be few and far between, and every shot can count, so the increased damage is especially important.