|Deployable health: 1200|
|Max simultaneously placed: 2|
|Carry capacity: 1|
|Gold cost: Free with class unlock|
|XP cost: Free with class unlock|
“Jammers hide you from enemy sensors and HUD markers, as well as reveal enemy players in stealth.”— In-game description
The Drop Jammer is the initial Pack item for the Sentinel class. When deployed and powered by the generator, the Drop Jammer hides friendly players from enemy sensors and HUD markers, as well as reveals enemy players in stealth. Unlike the Jammer Pack carried by the Raider, the drop jammer must be deployed and is impossible to move without destroying it and placing another.
- Upgrade 1: +15% radius.
- Upgrade 2: +15% radius.
- Upgrade 3: +1 jammer deployed.
- The Drop Jammer, if within line of sight, is detectable from any range. Some sentinels conceal the jammer in surrounding scenery to make up for this weakness.
- Drop Jammers can disable enemy infiltrators' cloaks when they come within range. If playing defensively, a sentinel may find it useful to place one or two around the generator to aid technicians in generator defense. However, the sentinel should try to spend as little time as possible around the generator, as his main role is to stop potential flag captures. Since when playing defensively there is very little need for drop jammers for personal use, the sentinel shouldn't suffer any inconvenience.
- Placing Drop Jammers near the flag at first may seem relatively ineffective, but it can give the Heavy on Flag much needed extra support. Not only will it be more difficult for infiltrators to sneak up and cause havoc with one of their explosive weapons on the flag, but enemy pathfinders may be unable to see the heavy on the flag stand until it is too late, causing their death due to the Super Heavy perk.
- Some maps such as Crossfire and Raindance have locations where a jammer can be placed in a relatively concealed area within the generator room that allows the sentinel to stand on top of the generator room and receive the jamming buff while still assisting the players who are defending the generator. A fully upgraded jammer is recommended for this tactic, as the extra range and jammers deployed will greatly improve the chances of success with this strategy.
 See also