December 08, 2011: 0.1.601.0
From Tribes Ascend Wiki
Back to Patches
 Patch Notes
 Major Highlights
- Bella Omega has been re-added to the CTF Map Rotation. Significant changes have occurred since the map was last available for play.
- Vehicles have undergone a variety of improvements and cleanups.
- A number of balance adjustments have been made. See additional notes below.
- Token prices on several classes have changed.
- Team Deathmatch default score moved to 100 from 75.
- An early (still unpolished) preview of Spectator functionality is available for testing. See additional notes below.
- Token gain from the “First Win of the Day” challenge has been doubled.
- A variety of changes have been made to the in-match credits system.
- Early versions of “Mute Player” and “Report Player” functionality have been added. See additional notes below.
- Fixes to prevent some disconnects and server instability. Additional fixes planned for future patches.
 Balance Items
- The Raider’s NJ4 SMG damage has been reduced.
- The Ranger’s Assault Rifle starting accuracy has been reduced.
- Minimized projectile knockback from the Raider’s NJ4 SMG and Doombringer’s Chaingun.
- Increase to explosion radius on Soldier’s Spinfusor, Pathfinder’s Light Spinfusor, Brute’s Heavy Spinfusor, Scrambler’s Arx Buster, Jumper’s Bolt Launcher, Ranger’s Thumper, Juggernaut’s Spinfusor D, and Juggernaut’s Fusion Mortar.
- Modest increase to Projectile speeds on Soldier’s Spinfusor, Pathfinder’s Light Spinfusor, Brute’s Heavy Spinfusor, Juggernaut’s Spinfusor D, Scrambler’s Arx Buster, and Jumper’s Bolt Launcher.
- Grav Cycle
- Uses a new rocket pod weapon.
- Can now be piloted by heavies, and carry heavies as passengers.
- Top speed and after-burner boost have been increased.
- Increased damage and rate of fire of secondary gunner position.
- Gunner now has zoom, increased pitch limits, and increased firing rate.
- Increased run-over damage.
- Yaw sensitivity has been increased.
- Damage against ground and buildings is now more forgiving.
- Credits are now awarded for damaging players, as well as for earning accolades. Credits awarded for Kills and Assists have been adjusted accordingly.
- Tactical Strike and Orbital Strike now have a thirty second cooldown.
- Tactical Strike Price Increased.
- Orbital Strike Price Reduced.
- Orbital Strike and Tactical Strike’s explosion shape extended upwards to encompass more area directly above the blasts.
- Resolved issue causing the Jumper to lose speed while in the air.
- Slightly decreased the effectiveness of the Jumper’s jumping while already at high speed, to favor transitioning to normal jetting after initial acceleration.
 Spectator Early Preview
- Work in progress, especially in the HUD and in the method you use to go into spectate mode (match slots, etc.).
- In console, type, ‘Spectate’ to enter spectate mode
- In console, type, ‘EndSpectate’ to exit spectate mode
- Keys may be changed in the Settings menu, at the bottom of the Keybindings list - Spectator keys are prefixed with “SPEC”
- Default Keybindings:
- Z: Show/Hide basic controls
- X: Show/Hide HUD
- Q: Move Down
- E: Move Up
- W/A/S/D: Move Forward, Left, Back, Right
- Left Mouse: Next (default, next player)
- Right Mouse: Previous (default, previous player)
- Middle Mouse: Rove camera (free cam)
- When in Rove Camera mode, move faster or slower
- When viewing a target, zooms in and out
- G: Hold and press Left Mouse or Right Mouse to view generators
- F: Hold and press Left Mouse or Right Mouse to view flags
- B: Hold and press Left Mouse or Right Mouse to view flag bases
- Tab: Scoreboard
 Muting and Reporting Players
- Initial versions of these systems are now available. They are still in development, and currently can only be accessed via text entry. UI support is forthcoming.
- Current Usage
- Open the “say” chat interface (default key = “T”)
- Enter a forward slash (“/”) followed by the command and the target player’s name.
- Mute player: /mute <playername> (example: /mute Bob)
- This prevents the muted player’s chat from showing up on your HUD.
- The mute persists until you exit the game.
- Should you wish to unmute a player, the command is “/unmute <playername>”
- Report player: /report <playername> <reason for report>
- Allows you to log a complaint against a player; please specify a reason for the report!
 Additional Items
- New first person hands now match your third person armor class/team style.
- All Spinfusor muzzle flashes keep up with the player.
- Adjusted all melee weapons position on screen.
- Other additional weapon position adjustments.
- New visuals treatment on the mounted turret for the Beowulf.
- New visuals treatment on the projectiles for the Grav Cycle
- Fixed an issue with the decal for mortar launchers looping instead of dissolving correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the Doombringer’s Saber Launcher missile was not visible until it came closer to the victim.
- Added a HUD element for dropped ammo packs to improve their visibility.
- Team Deathmatch timer is now functional.
- Fixed the Field of View exploit
- Fixed an exploit where unused fire modes were being accessed on certain weapons.
- Fixed a physics bug where jumping rapidly at high speeds would quickly accelerate the player to extremely fast speeds.
- Various new accolades, including vehicle assists and last kill in Team Deathmatch.
- Fixed some keybind issues, including keys used by left handed players.
- Keys ‘1’ and ‘2’ now switch to primary and secondary weapons, respectively. ‘3’, ‘4’, and ‘5’ are defaulted to the current call-ins available.
 Known Issues
- Beowulf’s secondary gunner particle effects are visible only to the player controlling the weapon.