|Type: Projectile (Bullet)|
|Damage vs. Generator: 96|
|Damage vs. Base structure: 0|
|Damage vs. Gravcycle: 0|
|Damage vs. Beowulf: 0|
|Damage vs. Shrike: 78|
|Magazine size: 200-250|
|Reload type: N/A|
|Attack interval: 0.13 (approx)|
|Gold cost: 160|
|XP cost: 9,000|
“If the Chaingun is relentless, the Chain Cannon is the right hand of oblivion. While not technically a cannon, it's been tooled for larger rounds and more damage, resulting in the popular if incorrect name.”— In-game description
The Chain Cannon is an unlockable primary weapon for the Doombringer class. This weapon variant exchanges higher damage for a small sacrifice in its rate of fire. This gives it a slight advantage over the chaingun since it has the same amount of ammunition and therefore can deal more damage without collecting any more ammunition.
Upgrades are included in the weapon infobox.
- Upgrade 1: +25 ammo (225 total)
- Upgrade 2: -15% spinup time
- Upgrade 3: +25 ammo (250 total)
- Upgrade 4: -15% spinup time
- While the difference in damage output (damage/ROF) between the standard Chain Gun and the Chain Cannon is negligible, the Chain Cannon has a fair boost in longevity, needing fewer breaks to restore the player's ammo count during a match. This can be invaluable when playing Heavy on Flag, as being off the flag for any amount of time can give potential flag runners a window of opportunity.
- The chain cannon is a slight boost for your ammo: the chain gun chews through your ammo and is hard to maneuver against fast enemies due to the slow bullet speed. Due to The chain cannon's slow fire rate, it uses ammo slower and will target down enemies faster in close quarters.