|Type: Hitscan bullet|
|Damage: 10-500 · (Z = Min( (4.92 * X) ^2 + 10, 500))|
|Damage vs. Generator: 400 (Full charge)|
|Damage vs. Base structure: 0|
|Damage vs. Gravcycle: 0|
|Damage vs. Beowulf: 0|
|Damage vs. Shrike: 50 (Full charge)|
|Magazine size: 6|
|Carried ammo: 40|
|Reload type: Clip|
|Attack interval: ??|
|Reload time: 1.35|
|Gold cost: 160|
|XP cost: 9,000|
The BXT1-A is an unlockable primary weapon for the Sentinel, and one of four available in Tribes: Ascend. The shot charges when the player brings up the scope, dealing up to 500 damage. The charge is exponential, increasing the penalty for firing quickly, but increasing the output of near-full charge shots. The BXT1-A will deal 125 damage if shot without bringing up the scope. It differs from the original BXT1 in that it can hold 1 more bullet in the clip, has a slightly slower fire rate, and charges slower.
The BXT1-A Rifle is a hit-scan weapon, meaning there is no bullet drop or travel time.
- Upgrade 1: +10 ammo.
- Upgrade 2: +1 clip size.
- Upgrade 3: -20% range falloff.
- Upgrade 4: -30% reload times.
BXT1-A VS BXT1
Two major factors should be taken into account: Role and Preference.
- The extra bullet can be a flag saver in many scenarios.
- If the Sentinel is stationary (in defense), the extra scope-time is insignificant for the first shot.
- Overall is a well-rounded defensive weapon.
- Using either the BXT1-A or the BXT1 rifle requires a good timing between shots and target visibility. That extra charge time will cost the Sentinel damage (taking in the consideration that the flag carrier isn't regenerating HP while holding the flag, each point of damage is important).
- When chasing the flag carrier, that extra charging time is important to maximum damage output as the Sentinel will have just a few opportunity windows to land the shots. ( Example)
- At a competitive level you are unlikely to be able to fire all 6 shots, (sometimes not even two or three) because of the speed of the cappers, if you have not spotted them before they grab. Thus the BXT1 holds an edge, as it has a larger damage output when a full clip is not needed.
Taking the Sentinel play style, the choice between the BXT1-A and the BXT1 rifles is rather simple: the BXT1-A variant is better suited for the stationary defensive Sentinel and the standard BXT1 for the offensive or chaser Sentinel.
- Both BXT rifles deal more damage out of scope than they do with an un-charged scoped shot. This could be intentional, as it has not been confirmed as a bug by the developers.