|Type: Hitscan bullet|
|Damage: 400 · (50 damage * 8 pellets)|
|Damage vs. Generator: 320 (40 * 8)|
|Damage vs. Base structure: 0|
|Damage vs. Gravcycle: 0|
|Damage vs. Beowulf: 0|
|Damage vs. Shrike: 256 (32-12 * 8)|
|Magazine size: 8|
|Carried ammo: 78|
|Reload type: Clip|
|Attack interval: 0.486|
|Reload time: 1.28|
|Gold cost: Free with class unlock|
|XP cost: Free with class unlock|
“This shotgun is clip-loaded, rather than single shell, allowing for a more steady rate of fire.”— In-game description
The Automatic Shotgun is the initial secondary weapon for the Brute class. This close-quarters weapon can deal massive damage at point-blank, but suffers significant damage falloff as range increases.
The Automatic Shotgun is the lowest-damage shotgun in the game, dealing 50 damage per pellet as opposed to the Shotgun or Sawed-Off Shotgun which both deal 80 damage per pellet. However, the fire rate of the Automatic Shotgun is higher than the Shotgun or Sawed-Off Shotgun.
Automatic Shotgun features hold to fire functionality, meaning that holding down the fire button will continuously fire the weapon at maximum fire rate.
- Upgrade 1: +14 ammo (58 total)
- Upgrade 2: +1 clip size (8 total)
- Upgrade 3: +14 ammo (72 total)
- Upgrade 4: -25% reload time
- As a hitscan weapon, there is no delay from the time of the weapon firing to the impact of the round, so leading the target is not necessary.
- When the Automatic Shotgun is paired with the Gladiator, the Brute is an extremely capable indoor fighter, capable of both enemy base assault and base defense.
 See also