|Type: Explosive projectile|
|Damage (Splash): 600-300|
|Damage vs. Generator: 750|
|Damage vs. Base structure: 576|
|Damage vs. Gravcycle: 576|
|Damage vs. Beowulf: 576|
|Damage vs. Shrike: 1500|
|Magazine size: 3|
|Carried ammo: 42|
|Reload type: Cylinder|
|Gold cost: Free with class unlock|
|XP cost: Free with class unlock|
The ARX Buster is the initial primary weapon for the Raider class. It fires slow-moving, arcing projectiles that stick to any surface and detonate with a moderate splash radius after .75 seconds. It has a very high rate of fire compared to other primary explosive weapons, needing nearly a second to unload the entire cylinder.
A direct hit with this weapon will deal 600 damage.
Killing an enemy by attaching a sticky projectile to them with this weapon will yield the "Sticky Kill" accolade. Additionally, if the enemy is airborne at the time of death, a kill earned in this fashion will also earn the "Air Mail" accolade.
- Upgrade 1: +6 ammo (36 total)
- Upgrade 2: +20% damage vs armored targets.
- Upgrade 3: +6 ammo (42 total)
- The ARX Buster specializes in base asset destruction, and can do so more effectively than the Grenade Launcher or Plasma Gun.
- Although it specializes in close combat, the ARX Buster can successfully be used to take out base defense from afar. The arc of the projectiles fired from this weapon is very minimal, meaning explosives can be fired over a large distance without a loss in too much accuracy. A full clip of 3 explosives can easily take out the Doombringer's Force Field while 2 explosives will destroy a Light Turret. The ability to fire this weapons explosives over a large distance makes the Raider an essential class for clearing up heavily defended flags and base defenses. The ARX Buster is a great weapon of choice for destroying enemy base defenses early on, requiring only 9 shots to destroy a lvl.1 Generator or a lvl.1 Base Turret, and only 5 shots for a lvl.1 Radar.
 ARX Buster usage and limitations
In general the ARX Buster is best used as an 'intervention' weapon or for area denial. It isn't suitable for dueling but is fantastic for supporting a team mate who is already involved in a fight or bombing an area to damage opponents trying to pass through.
The speed of the projectile makes it especially hard to land a sticky grenade directly on a player who isn't walking or stationary so it best aimed at a surface where your opponent will pass by. Unfortunately this slow projectile speed combined with its arcing trajectory and the delay before detonation makes the ARX Buster impractical for damaging targets moving at high-speed. The one time where it can become useful at high speeds is when you're providing support for the flag carrier who is being chased. Because the Raider is able to achieve decent speed while skiing, the ARX Buster can be used to distract and hinder opponent in pursuit even if it doesn't kill them outright. A combination of the high visibility caused by the red indicator light, combined with the large explosion makes it the perfect distraction to slow the opponents down and any glancing hits will throw them off-course or force them to decelerate.
If you are trying to achieve kills with the ARX your best chance is standing several meters away from a team mate engaged in combat with an opponent or around the spot where a flag is resting. It does require the Raider to guess where to lay the grenades by watching the movements of the enemy however their attention is normally elsewhere and they will usually not notice the grenades until the last second.
In modes where you have to contend with base turrets, the ARX Buster is less practical than the Plasma Gun due to its arcing trajectory which force you to attack from closer range, therefore to avoid being blasted you will need to make liberal use of the jet-pack to avoid incoming turret fire. The one upside however is that the ARX Buster's superior burst damage and higher rate of fire will allow you to disable turrets faster while also making it harder for any opponent to repair the damage you are causing.
Overall the ARX Buster functions best as a support weapon. Better suited for defending positions or assisting team-mates rather than being used to directly attack other players. Its function in assaulting base defenses is questionable due to its more limited range compared to the Plasma Gun but there is no denying that it does pack punch when used successfully.
 Video guides
 See also